Let's see if you can pick out the truth and the lies in the following statements. The answers are below.
1. Rheumatoid Arthritis is an old people's disease and caused by joint wear.
2. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus can cause death.
3. You can get Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Sjogren's, Raynauds from me.
4. You can look fine on the outside and be a mess on the inside.
1. Rheumatoid Arthritis is an Autoimmune disease that can happen to anyone at any age. Symptoms include, fever, flu like symptoms, you are at a higher risk of a heart attack. All of your organs are involved.
2. You can die from any number of reasons such as, medication complications, heart attacks, infections.
3. You can't catch Autoimmune Arthritis from someone who has it, it is thought genetic or environmental factors are involved.
4. "I look fine, so I must be fine." This is the biggest lie of them all. When I leave the house, I spend quite a bit of time making my self "presentable." The days I'm at home, (most days) I will be in my pajamas, or my "comfie clothes." Although on the outside we may look fine, on the inside our organs are being damaged from the disease, the inflammation, the medication, stress, the list goes on.