Thursday, February 7, 2013

24 Hours Monster Trucks and a Flare

Do you remember the TV show 24 starring Kiefer Sutherland? It was one of my favorite shows. Well, I decided to do this post as sort of my 24 hours going to the Monster Truck show. I went with my husband, son, his girlfriend and my grandsons.
I took pictures from the time we left to the time and returned to make it easier for me to do this post, so let's see how this goes.

Hour 1 - The night before the show. Taking a shower and blow drying my hair because I know if I have to do it the next morning I will use up too much energy.

Several hours have passed since my shower. I watch TV for a while, read for a while. I have a normal night, normal for me anyway then off to bed I spend the night tossing and turning. I can't get comfortable. My back is sore, my knee is throbbing, I have a migraine and I am nauseated. After a sleepless night, I get out of bed, take my morning medication which increases my nausea and I end up on the bathroom floor vomiting. (please excuse my graphicness) Not a great start to the long day ahead! I can barely get water down but I force myself to and eat a couple of soda crackers. My eyes can't focus, all I want to do is go back to bed. I don't do that though, I have been planning to go to this event and I will not let this disease beat me again! 

It is now 2pm, three hours before we have to leave. I drag myself off of the couch and into the bathroom to try and put myself together. This time even with makeup on, I can see I look pale and tired. I have heard "you don't look sick" for a long time, today I think I look in the mirror and see tired eyes and a pale face and I think I do look sick. I spend a few more minutes with my hair, not long my hands hurt too much to fuss with it much these days.

I get dressed last, I need to stay in what I call my "comfy" clothes for as long as possible. Trying to find whatever will keep me warm in this 6 degree weather and still easy enough to deal with while I am out. The last item I have to deal with is my shoes. My feet usually start off okay in most of my shoes. However, after a short time they are so swollen my feet have no room and the shoes feel like they are suffocating my feet. One hour later I am exhausted but as ready as I am going to be. I grab crackers and water for the 1 hour trip to the city.

It is now 5:30 pm time to leave here is the first picture on the road. It is dark so you can't see much.

It is now approximately 6:30, the show doesn't start for about an hour and my hubby hasn't eaten. I am still not feeling well and am not really hungry. He picks up McDonald's, I don't eat that on the best of days. Dinner time is over and we head to the event.

6:45 we arrive here is the picture: 

After getting a bottle of water, we head to our seats, I start to panic our seat is wayyyy up there! I have to climb about 30 steps to get there. I know once I make it there I will not be moving for the rest of the night.

We took this picture before the event started.

7:30 The event started here are a few pictures from the event

The show is over, it was great! I stayed in my seat the whole time. Everyone enjoyed it. I hurt all over from the uncomfortable chairs we sat in and from not being able to stretch my legs but I had a great time flare and all.

Our next quest was trying to find somewhere to get food at 11pm since I hadn't eaten and didn't want to eat at the dome. We ended up at Arby's and I had a roast beef sandwich.

Back on the road again and home again at just about midnight a little over 24 hours from when I started. It took me several days to recover from attending the show, but I'm so glad I did. It was a great family event and I enjoyed myself immensely. The best part is my disease I did not allow my illness to beat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all of your comments. I try to answer all of them. Sometimes life takes over and I can't get to it right away. Please don't be offended. I would love for you to leave your blog address or social media links so I can follow you or contact you. Thanks again for taking the time to be a part of my life, you are awesome!